Are you looking for the best Zumba shoes for bad knees? First, you need to consult your doctor about your knee condition, then you can understand what features are needed for your knees. For the level of common knee pain, you can refer to the Zumba dancing shoes for people with bad knees here.
Sport shoes are used for sports activities such as cycling, jogging, gym, cross-training, etc. However, in specific exercises or training modes, you need specialized shoes. For example, Zumba dance you need to have light shoes, breathable, durability, and a good grip.
- Knee structure – The reason why knee joints are more susceptible to injuries
- How to choose Zumba dancing shoes when your knees hurt
- 7 best Zumba shoes for Bad Knees
- Zumba Air Classic Athletic High Top Shoes
- Zumba Women’s Energy Boom High Top Athletic Shoes
- Ryka Women’s Influence Cross-Training Shoe
- STRONG by Zumba Women’s Fly Fit Athletic Workout Sneakers with High Impact Support
- Ryka Women’s Vida RZX
- ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes
- Dr. Comfort Gary Flex-OA Men’s Shoe for Knee Pain – Osteoarthritis OA
But if you have leg problems, knee pain, what kind of shoes can support you so you can still practice. Before choosing shoes, you should ask your doctor, or your therapists, whether or not you can practice these sports, and what types of shoes will suit your needs.
Knee structure – The reason why knee joints are more susceptible to injuries
Knee joints play an important role in supporting the body on each step throughout a lifetime. With complex structures and composed of many different parts, knee joints are very vulnerable to injuries, especially when exercising strongly, the most common is the phenomenon of broken knee ligaments.
The knee joint is one of the largest joints in the human body and the most often damaged part, especially the knee ligament system. Knee joints are made up of 3 basic components, including:
– Bone structure: convex femur, tibial plateau, patella.
– Cartilage layer covering the bone end: reduces friction during the body’s movement process.
– Software structure: In the joint (including anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament), and the articular (including tendons, muscles, internal ligaments, external ligaments). This system of tendons, muscles, and ligaments has a fixed effect on the joints in the knee area, helping the stretching and moving activities of the body take place smoothly, simply and firmly.
How to choose Zumba dancing shoes when your knees hurt
People who suffer from knee pain will feel uncomfortable exercising, playing sports, especially running.
Zumba is a sport with strong and fast movements, twisting movements, moving in all directions, and requiring high flexibility. Zumba dancers need separate shoes to best support them. These shoes will help them comfortably during the dance process, reducing unnecessary injuries.
How to find Zumba shoes for bad knees? If you are having a little knee problem, and you still want to learn Zumba dance, you definitely need shoes with specialized support features to protect your ankles and knees, especially are shoes that need shock resistance, the reduced impact force on your knees, allow natural and flexible movement.
+ shock resistance
+ reduced impact force on your knees
So in order to find the right shoes to dance Zumba for people with knee pain, we need to find shoes that are both resistant to shock, the reduced impact force on knees and designed to dance Zumba.
7 best Zumba shoes for Bad Knees
Zumba Air Classic Athletic High Top Shoes
Zumba Air Classic Athletic is a pair of shoes that are widely used in Zumba dance.
High top helps protect your ankles while dancing flexible in all directions. Synthetic shoe sole design, shock absorption, good grip on the floor help you to dance easily without slipping on wood or concrete floors. Air technology maximizes support for strong movements. Besides, Z-slide technology allows you to move 360 degrees, reducing the impact force on your knees and ankles.
Zumba Air Classic Athletic is suitable for all sports activities of women, not only dancing Zumba but you can also use for walking, cross-training, gym, tennis, jogging, so on.
Especially, they have many colors such as black, pink, blue, yellow, silver,… to help you easily choose your favorite color.
However, if you have never worn high-top shoes, you need a few hours to get used to it when practicing dancing, or you will feel a bit uncomfortable.
Zumba Women’s Energy Boom High Top Athletic Shoes
This is another high top Zumba shoe, which helping the maximum support for the ankle. Lightweight leather, air-technology with extra grating for maximum support for your feet. Z-slide technology helps you to move your ankle to the maximum, the range moves in all-natural directions.
These shoes are also very flexible for sports from Zumba dancing, exercise, women’s tennis shoes, walking shoes, even street fashion shoes. With bright colors, they give you a daring fashion style wherever you go.
The shoes may look narrow at the tip of the toes and are not as comfortable as dancing, but when you start dancing, you will feel soft material, comfortable without being too tight.
In addition to maximum ankle support, the shoes also reduce the impact force on your knees, making it easier for you to dance Zumba. If you dance for many hours a day, you can try adding a soft lining under the soles of your feet to make your feet more comfortable.
Ryka Women’s Influence Cross-Training Shoe
Ryka Influence Cross-Training is rated as one of Ryka’s best shoes in supporting Zumba dance. It is not only comfortable, flexible, convenient but also has lots of support and cushions. Designed with reduced rubber soles, this Ryka Influence shoe absorbs shock, reducing the impact force on the knees and ankles. So that you can easily dance Zumba for hours without pain.
Traction outsole with footprint design and pivot points for ease of movement, Flex-foil provides more support. 100% Fabric, along with breathable mesh upper to keep your feet dry, comfortable, stable, no stink. The precise lining and lining help keep the shape of the shoe always nice and comfortable to dance.
Especially these shoes are recommended for dancers who have plantar fasciitis, and there are 12 colors for you to choose from.
STRONG by Zumba Women’s Fly Fit Athletic Workout Sneakers with High Impact Support
Strong by Zumba Fly Fit Athletic is a shoe designed with Zumba dance support features such as lightweight, breathable, flexible replaceable shoe sole, especially the ability to reduce the impact force on the knee.
Lightweight and low-cut sports shoe design provide maximum ankle mobility, increased travel range, and wider toe box.
– The upper mesh helps the shoes to be breathable, always dry and comfortable when dancing for hours
– Compression-molded EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning creates the best sports shoes for women. The PU sole is removable and easily replaced with different types of shoe soles
These shoes are not only suitable for Zumba dancing, but also for intense physical activity, running, tennis, or cross-training
However, these shoes do not have much support for arch support and cushioning.
Ryka Women’s Vida RZX
Ryka Women’s Vida RZX has Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch, breathable mesh that keeps your feet dry and comfortable when dancing for hours.
RZX technology with the RE-ZORB high-impact cushion design on the heel and Ultra Flex on the forefoot enhances support to protect the feet, absorb impact force and provide cushioning for all bending areas, from that leg you can flexibly move in the directions.
The rubber sole with flex and groove alternating at the top and bottom of the middle sole and rubber outsole optimally helps reduce front leg pressure during training.
However, if you have wide and flat toes, you may be hurt by the toes of the Vida RZX shoes that are a little small to hug your feet.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes
This is a pair of shoes with many features to support marathon runners who have a knee injury, sore feet. And it is also used to dance Zumba because of its superior features.
– Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: With the latter foot cushioning system, this Asics MX shoe will help reduce shock during the collision period and allow for smooth movement.
– Removable Sockliner: This Sockliner can be removed and added to medical orthopedic devices to minimize injuries.
– Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide traction up and down slopes on all types of terrain.
– AHAR Outsole: Placed in the important positions of the sole of the shoe, increasing special durability for shoes, anti-wear.
Thanks to the ability to reduce the load on the knees and feet, these shoes are recommended for athletes with flat feet and suffer from plantar fasciitis, also, it also helps reduce impact force on knees when dancing Zumba.
You can use these shoes for hiking, running, as well as dancing on any type of hardwood floor. Besides, these shoes are very light, comfortable, elegant design with dozens of different colors for you to choose from.
Some customers think that these shoes are not suitable for people with high arches. Also, the sole base sometimes makes the legs feel stiff, needing support.
Dr. Comfort Gary Flex-OA Men’s Shoe for Knee Pain – Osteoarthritis OA
If you are looking for quality, comfortable therapeutic shoes with a simple, sophisticated design, then Dr.Comfort Gary Flex is the perfect choice for you. These shoes offer lots of protective features for the feet.
– new X-Sole Relief Technology: The X-sole technology in the Flex-OA comfort shoe collection helps relieve pain and provides true comfort. Biomechanical features are used to reduce the natural force on the knee, helping to relieve pain and slow the progression of osteoarthritis or arthritis. Besides, X-Sole helps the legs move naturally and flexibly.
– Flex-OA shoes are clinically proven by Rush University Medical Center in Chicago to reduce the average load by 20% on the knee.
– Flexure Zones are specially designed on the outsole of Flex-OA shoes that are strategically designed to allow a normal motion to occur.
– Lightweight, soft, and flexible shoes for Zumba dance moves.
Although the shoes have a lot of support for people with knee pain, they don’t have much support, and for some people with wide feet, you may need to choose shoes that are wider than your feet around 1 Size.
Through this article, we hope you can choose Zumba shoes for knee pain, based on some necessary features and review some types of Zumba dancing shoes which can minimize impact force on knees.